Managed Access Gateway (MAG)
“The point of identity and access management (IAM) solutions is to limit access to an organization’s resources to those with legitimate access.”
Identity and Access Management Critical to Operations and Security:
Users Find ROI, Increased User Productivity, Tighter Security
The Aberdeen Group, March 2007
The Managed Access Gateway (MAG) is Exostar’s comprehensive portal solution for individual registration, account management, and authentication providing controlled access to Exostar hosted applications and applications located within other enterprise domains. MAG is the "front door" to Exostar's Trusted Workspace and includes immediate access to a collaborative community of over 70,000 trading partners.
MAG allows enterprises to enable controlled access to information and applications for their partners, suppliers and customers. Exostar supports a variety of standards to ensure that existing Web single sign-on (SSO) infrastructures can be seamlessly extended to support integration with Exostar.
Exostar’s MAG extends the basic concept of Web SSO to support highly sensitive applications which host proprietary information or export sensitive data. Exostar can tailor the MAG interface to support various onboarding, enrollment and application profiles, and to support a variety of user credentials, such as username and password, RSA Token, or PKI certificate.
Exostar MAG provides the following benefits for application owners:
- Centralizes account management for identities crossing multiple subscribing applications.
- Lowers costs of managing external party access to necessary information and applications by leveraging Exostar's operational and user support.
- Manages the risk associated with orphaned or invalid accounts, such as accounts for individuals who have left the company.
- Leverages internal Web SSO infrastructure to support SSO for external partners through Exostar's highly available infrastructure.
- Supports rich user profiles to enable sophisticated access control policies, such as Export Control or Intellectual Property Protection.
- Reduces account provisioning and identity management costs, such as password reset requests.
Companies increasingly require secure access to information hosted in other organizations’ applications to conduct business effectively. Enterprise Access Gateway (EAG), a feature of MAG, transparently delivers this capability for end-users by enabling single sign-on across organizations with mutual trust. EAG allows companies to fulfill the role of Identity Provider by authenticating their users when they logon to systems locally and then linking them with their Service Provider partners, who host applications that have been federated with MAG.
For more information on MAG, please contact us.