Do you know Exostar? 5 interesting facts you should know
Exostar has been successfully providing secure, innovative business collaboration solutions for over 15 years. But what does that mean, exactly? Who is Exostar? Here are 5 cool facts about who we are and what we’ve been up to.
- Built from scratch to serve highly-regulated industries. Exostar was founded as a joint-venture by leading Aerospace & Defense manufacturers; BAE Systems, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Rolls-Royce. For over fifteen years, we have provided solutions specifically designed to help A&D OEMs and suppliers stay compliant with Department of Defense and UK Ministry of Defence regulations.
- An integral part of the Aerospace & Defense supply chain. In 2017, 65% of all US defense spend was managed through Exostar’s various supply chain and collaboration solutions. From sourcing to procurement and payment, order management, and more, we provide visibility, consistency, and efficiency for the entire buying process.
- And also extending into the Life Sciences… Since our very inception, we have been entirely focused on security and compliance—which are needs that many highly-regulated industries share. We have been able to leverage our expertise into these industries, to help them control access to their sensitive data. For example, we serve 8 of the top 20 Life Sciences companies, supporting over 100,000 investigators as they conduct clinical trials of new pharmaceuticals.
- …and healthcare industries. Our technology also has a role in battling the opioid academic. Several states now require controlled substances containing opiates to be e-prescribed. That’s why the response to Exostar’s Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (ePCS) solution has been dramatic: The number of prescribers using our product was well over 16,000 in 2017. We’ve seen a 36% increase in volume. The number of prescriptions flowing through Exostar is over 800,000, increasing at a rate of 47% annually.
- Hosting a global, growing community. Exostar helps large organizations collaborate with the smaller organizations and individuals in their networks—whether that means small suppliers of airplane parts, individual physicians writing prescriptions, or clinicians administering experimental drugs as part of clinical trials. This adds up to over 575,000+ active users of various Exostar solutions.
Regardless of industry, the community of users trusts Exostar to protect their data as they work together. Being a part of the Exostar community means that A&D organizations don’t have to worry if their collaboration solutions are DoD compliant. Similarly, Life Sciences organizations can get their drug trials moving faster, to get life-saving drugs to market faster. Also, Health Care providers can comply with regulations to curb the opioid epidemic. And once you’re in, you’re in—our “collect once, share many” structure allows users to collaborate with multiple organizations once they are a part of the community.
What else would you like to know? Contact us today for more information about Exostar.